James M. Gallagher
James M. Gallagher, Esq., Attorney (J.D./M.B.A.)
- Since he graduated from law school in 2009 Jim has been the owner of a law firm in Detroit and Ann Arbor.
- Prior to practicing law Jim worked in the automotive industry for over 15 years in the areas of supply chain management and information technology.
- Upon starting his own litigation law firm in 2009 Jim has successfully represented hundreds of clients. In the area of criminal defense Jim has trial experience in cases ranging from murder to misdemeanors. In family law Jim has represented clients with important matters such as divorce, custody and child support, and parenting time.
- From 2010 to 2012 Jim was a member of the Pro Bono Panel for the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan where he represented prisoners in Section 1983 civil rights actions.
- Experience in the following areas
- Criminal Defense
- Felonies, Misdemeanors, Traffic Tickets, License Restoration, Expungements
- Family Law
- Divorce, Custody and Child Support, Parenting Time
- General Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (Juris Doctorate, 2009)
- Wayne State University (Master of Business Administration, 1999)
- Michigan State University (B.A., 1990)
- Court Associations
- State Bar of Michigan (2009)
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
- Professional Memberships
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
- Family Law Section – Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Wayne County Family Law Bar Association
Fatal Car Wreck: Margolis Law seeks justice for family of teen killed by drunk driver
Margolis Law Successfully Overturns and Vacates Conviction for Mexican National, After Withdrawing Plea and Winning Jury Trial in Macomb County.