A Michigan teenager was electrocuted on the job while working as a lineman installing fiberoptic cables on utility poles. While attaching fiberoptic cables on utility poles maintained by a major power company, the teen took hold of a guy wire. Because the power company had misplaced a jumper line, the guy wire had become electrified, fatally electrocuting our client’s son.
OSHA conducted an investigation of the incident and determined that the utility company was at fault for the teenager’s death. We represented the teenager’s grandfather in a wrongful death action against the utility company.
Update: Case SETTLED BEFORE TRIAL, and our client reached a substantial but confidential settlement.